Heavenly Turkey Chili
This recipe is high in protein with antioxidants.
- 2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Pkg Mild Chili Mix
- 1 Red Onion chopped and diced
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, slice, take out seeds and dice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped and diced
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Watercress chopped
- 1 lrg. can Whole Tomatoes
- 2 cans Stewed Chili Tomatoes
- 1 can Chili Pinto Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 3 cups Water
- Cook Extra Lean Ground Turkey until slightly browned.
- Stir in Pkg of Mild Chili Mix and place meat at the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Layer remaining ingredients: Red Onion, Jalapeno, Cilantro, Parsley, Watercress, Whole Tomatoes, Stewed Chili Tomatoes, Chili Pinto Beans, Pinto Beans, Water.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours stirring occasionally.
- Can add Tomato Paste at the end to thicken if desired.
- Great Topping are Fat Free Sour Cream, Low Fat Shredded Cheese, Green Onions and Olives.
Shopping List: 2 lbs. Extra Lean Ground Turkey, 1 Red Onion, 2 Jalapeno Peppers, 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1 bunch of Fresh Cilantro, 1 bunch of Fresh Italian Parsley, 1 bunch of Watercress, 1 Pkg. Mild Chili Mix, 1 lrg. Can Whole Tomatoes, 2 Cans of Stewed Chili Tomatoes, 1 Can of Chili Pinto Beans, 1 Can Pinto Beans, 1 Small Can Tomato Paste optional. Toppings: Fat Free Sour Cream, Low Fat Shredded Cheese, Green Onion and Olives optional. Health Comments: This Turkey Chili recipe is high in protein with antioxidant phytonutrients, Vitamins C, A, Calcium, Potassium, Manganese, Phosphorus, and Iron.