Mother’s Day Traditional Sausage Quiche
Treat Mom like the queen she is!
- 1 9-inch Uncooked Pie Crust
- 1 pkg Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1/2 cup Green Onion
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Cook up Breakfast Sausage Links in a skillet until browned and drain any excess fat, remove from heat. Allow to cool, cut into ½ inch pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl combine 5 Eggs, Heavy Whipping Cream, Green Onion chopped, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. Mix with a whisk or hand mixer until mixed well and set aside.
- In a Pie Baking Dish spray with nonstick cooking spray and place Uncooked Pie Crust in the bottom of the dish spreading it up the sides with your hands cutting off any excess dough on the edges.
- In the bottom of the crust, place the cooked Sausage and 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, pour in the Egg mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees and bake about 30 minutes until slightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes, cut into pie pieces and serve.
- A great paring is Mama’s Bloody Mary or Mama’s Mimosa recipe in The Cooking Lounge Holiday Cookbook 🙂
Shopping List: 1 – 9-inch Uncooked Pie Crust, 1 Pkg. Breakfast Sausage Links, Green Onion, 5 Eggs, Heavy Whipping Cream, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper.