St Patrick’s Day Corned Beef & Cabbage
This is sure to bring you some luck!
- 4 lbs Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 Head of Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Fresh Italian Parsley
- 10 Small Red Potatoes
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Red Onion
- 6 lrg Carrots
- 2 tbs Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbs Flour
- 1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbs Coarse Dijon Mustard
- Put Corned Beef Brisket in a Dutch Oven Pan on the stovetop, cover Brisket with water plus 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer on low heat for 2 hours, skimming off any top excess fat.
- Arrange the Vegetables around the Brisket: Red Potatoes cut in halves, White Onion chopped, Red Onion Chopped, Carrots peeled and cut into 2-3-inch pieces, simmer on low about 45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove Meat and put on a platter, surrounding the Meat with Vegetables, reserving 1 ½ Cups of Pot Water for Sauce.
- Melt Unsalted Butter in a saucepan and add Flour, mix to make a paste and stir in Red Wine Vinegar, stir frequently until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Sour Cream and Course Dijon Mustard, mix well.
- Serve Sauce on top of Corned Beef Brisket and Vegetables or serve on the side.
Shopping List: 4 Lbs. Corned Beef Brisket, Head of Cabbage, 1 Bunch Fresh Italian Parsley, 10 Sm. Red Potatoes, 1 White Onion, 1 Red Onion, 6 Lrg. Carrots, Unsalted Butter, Flour, Red Wine Vinegar, Sour Cream, Coarse Dijon Mustard.